Yes,you read it right.
Rabdi is an Indian delicacy. It is one of the most loved traditional sweet dish prepared in Indian homes during festivals or special occasions. But now-a-days it is rarely made. Reason???
Rabdi is prepared from milk and traditionally it takes about 1 to 2 hours to prepare. Milk is bolied until it thickens and reaches to a certain consistency and then sugar is added and then blah blah blah…..In this fast paced life one cannot imagine standing near the stove stirring continuously for 1 to 2 hours.
But what if I tell you that I have found an excellent method which will help you in preparing rabdi in just under 15 minutes?? And it only requires four easily available ingredients and three simple steps.
So now you can prepare rabdi whenever you want without getting stressed about what to serve as sweet dish on special occasions or lunch/dinner parties organised at home.
To prepare the delicious tasty rabdi according to my recipe one need not be an expert in kitchen. It is so simple and easy to make that anyone can prepare it.
How it is done:
- In a thick bottom pan mix sweetened condensed milk, khoya and dry fruits all together.
- Then put the pan on low heat and stir continuously.
- After ten minutes put the fourth and the last ingredient i.e cardamom powder and mix well.
Take the pan off the heat and let it cool down and then refrigerate. Serve cold or at room temperature depending on your liking.
- Put some saffron strands alongwith cardamom powder for added flavour.
- You can also use only condensed milk and add sugar separately. In this way you control the sweetness of the dish as per your taste.
Isn’t the recipe simple and super easy as I promised?
Prepare it and share it with your family members, relatives or neighbours. Imagine the look on their faces when they ask from where you bought it and you simply say “I MADE IT”. Aaaawwwww……..
Let me know your comments, thoughts and views. Till then ciao…